“Personal Information” is information that is personally identifiable like a name, e-mail address, or other information that we can reasonably link to such information.
- What We Gather and How We Do It
- In order to better provide you with our numerous services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Nonpersonally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our site.
- Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as signing up for an account, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums or other public areas, entering a contest or sweepstakes, filling out a survey, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities, elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal code), email address, and other personal identifying information. When ordering products or services on the site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity
- Nonpersonally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Web site’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet.
- Our Web server automatically collects information from a visitor’s computer and browser, including their internet protocol (IP) address and cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your Web browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you visit this Site, a cookie may be sent to your computer. You can control whether or not you want to accept cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser.
- We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you: (a) register for our services and register your email address with us; (b) send email messages, submit forms or transmit other information by telephone or letter; or (c) submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our site. We may also collect information from you at other points on our site that state that such information is being collected.
- Our site uses Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze traffic to our site. You can read more about the Google Analytics data policies here.
- How We Use the Information We Gather
- We do not distribute or sell your personal information. We do not send you advertisements and we do not share your email address with anyone.
- We may use the personal information that visitors provide us to respond to correspondence, contact them regarding their account, improve the content of our Site, and for informational or other developmental purposes.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will send you a weekly email, and not share your information with anyone else. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter anytime you want.
- We may use the information collected by our Web servers to analyze traffic patterns, record session information, store visitors’ preferences and identify sources of web traffic to the Site.
- We may also use the information we collect to investigate, prevent or take action against suspected illegal activities, problems with this Site, or as required by law. We may use the information for legal proceedings, such as responding to subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. In the event that our company or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party, the information collected by our Site may be one of the assets transferred.
- Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
- We may also provide Nonpersonally Identifiable Information about our customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
- Security Measures Our web hosting company uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer information exchanged with our Site. Our web hosting company has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site. Although we believe that our web hosting company provides appropriate security measures, we are not responsible for the practices, actions or inactions of that company.
- Updates This policymay be subject to updates. Any material future changes or additions to the processing of personal information as described in this Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel. For example, we may place a prominent notice on a product site or email you to let you know of an updated Statement.
Questions or Additional Information ~ If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you would like additional information, please contact us at [email protected]